Our response to COVID-19 concerns
At Guelph CBT, we care about your physical and mental health. We are closely monitoring communication from Public Health Agency of Canada and are following all recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are also integrating these recommendations together with our expertise in anxiety and stress management to ensure that we help you develop a realistic and measured response to a valid public health concern.
At this time, the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as LOW for the general population in Canada and has issued recommendations to ensure that this remains the case. Here are the measures we are taking to protect against transmission of the virus:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of any public spaces, including door handles, waiting area, coffee and water dispensers, and debit/credit terminal.
- Requiring our associates and staff to stay home from work if they are showing signs of illness.
- Offering appointments through a secure video-based system instead of in-office visits, if you prefer.
- Waiving the cancellation fee if you are showing signs of illness or virus-related symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, difficulty breathing).
To date, none of our staff, clients, or other building tenants have exhibited any signs of the illness. Our operations will continue as usual except when instructed or advised by governmental recommendations.
The best way to prevent infection is good hygiene, for which it is recommended to:
- regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- using alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- cough or sneeze into a tissue of the bend of your arm, not your hand
- avoiding touching your face (eyes, nose or mouth) with unwashed hands
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to speak with your therapist, call the clinic at 519-265-9596, or email us at email@example.com.
Heather Hood, PhD, C.Psych. Samantha Kelleher, MD, FRCPC